January 18, 2011

Birdman Clears Air About Shyne's "Deal"



Back in October
Shyne was quoted as saying that he and Baby were tight and he was really interested in a Cash Money deal. Shyne said “Me and Baby have had a longstanding relationship for over 10 years, since I’ve been out in the streets,” Shyne added. “I’ve known him from way back then. We just kept that relationship. When I was in the pen, he got at me. When I got out the pen, he got at me. He’s always been one of those O.G.’s that always stood tall and do what people from the block do. That’s just what he does, he’s just a good dude. So it’s inevitable that we keep that connection.”

When asked about the
Cash Money Deal Shyne told MTV “I might do that. I’m not sure, We’re still finishing the fine points and negotiating that. Maybe I’ll come with something six months later, [maybe] every six months. I’ve got so much to say, you dig? I don’t think I can answer all the questions on one album. So I definitely think we can put out two different albums on the same day at the end of the year, then come back with a third one or another double set six months later. Get all this sh*it off my chest.”

Now,
Baby has released a statement to XXL saying “I don’t really know his situation with Def Jam, but we didn’t really have a chance to come around to the business part. But I got respect for what he’s doin’ and what he is tryna do. We haven’t got around to do no business yet, but you never know.” So regardless of what Shyne wants you to believe he is not out of that Def Jam boat yet. We may have to wait a little longer to see that Weezy/Shyne collabo.

No comments: